Monday, April 27, 2015

they just want to dance, j-setting style

You better werk.
Two weeks ago I saw a preview for the reality show The Prancing Elites Project and instantly knew I had to tune-in. I forgot all about it until I was deliriously watching television this past Saturday after a major dose of yard work - I was racking my brain on what to watch and suddenly The Prancing Elites came to mind. I had no idea if their program would be available OnDemand, but to my surprise and delight it was. The Oxygen network is lucky enough to support something this wonderful (and fierce!) and only one episode has aired as of today - it is very easy to catch up if you missed it. The description of the show is "a loud and proud male dance team from Mobile, Alabama, who try and balance fame and prejudice to continue doing what they love". I couldn't have said it better myself. They pride themselves on dancing in the J-Setting style, which was popularized by the Prancing J-Settes, the dance team of Jackson State University in Mississippi, and the Queen B's "Single Ladies" music video. The group is made up of five members; Adrian, Kentrell, Kareem, Jerel, and Tim. They love to dress up in leotards that sparkle and shine, and really know how to strut their stuff. Maybe one day my husband will be lucky enough to work on this reality television program - fingers crossed! Click here to visit their official page.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts and comments. thank you. xo

blog archive