Friday, June 12, 2015

you like potato...I like potahto

I am a Polish girl that really loves her potatoes. Normally, my love for potatoes keeps me out of trouble, but this past weekend that was not the case. I woke up a little "tired" after celebrating at a rehearsal dinner with "a number" of glasses of wine. With a full day of wedding festivities in front of us, my sister, husband, and I decided to try out a nearby breakfast cafe. We knew we needed to bulk up on a serious meal and heard great things about an establishment about a mile down the street from where we were staying. The place had a Celtic theme - even the waitstaff had Irish accents - but it was the menu I was most impressed with. They had potato everything! So, we did what any normal person would do and ordered some sweet potato donuts, potato pancakes, and an actual breakfast dish that contained eggs with you guessed it...a side of hash browns. We were so full after the donut course that we were unable to finish to most of our other delights. We didn't want to waste any of the leftovers, so we had it wrapped to go and went on our merry way....and I was so excited about said leftovers that I forgot my wallet on our table. I never lose anything (knock on wood), so I was very disturbed and shocked when I realized my wallet was not in its little home within my bag. Unfortunately, the cafe was also closed by the time I realized it, so I couldn't do anything until the following morning. Next time I eat potatoes out, I am going to take a deep breath and make sure I leave with my wallet. Make sure you know where your wallet is this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts and comments. thank you. xo

blog archive